The Pico approach to Project Management
In essence, project management is all about getting work done, efficiently and effectively. When there are multiple interacting tasks, costs to control and tight schedules to keep, project management is the correct approach for delivering the objectives of the work, on-time and on-budget.
However, with so many project management training offerings in the market place, it is difficult to know which project management tools and concepts are nice-to-haves and which are critical for every project.
The Pico Project Management process has been designed to be both lean and powerful. That means cutting out the heavy documentation associated with many formal approaches, without “cutting into the muscle” of highly effective project management best-practice. The result is far less administrative burden for the project manager, while maintaining those key steps that make a real difference to the on-time, on-budget delivery of projects.
"Definitely one of the best training courses I have ever attended and hopefully I can bring some real results from it"
- Richard B, Marketing Manager, US Chemical Company
"Pete delivered an absolutely excellent Project Management workshop to some of our middle managers - well structured, interesting and consistently related back to our business and how to apply it. Would highly recommend Pete both as a trainer and as a consultant".
- Jacqueline C, VP Human Resources, German Chemical Company
Our process has 4 distinct phases; Initiation, Definition, Planning and Implementation.
- Project Initiation (The process of evaluating ideas and initiating the best projects)
- Project Definition (The process of engaging with key stakeholders to determine the scope, detailed requirements, targetted benefits, breakdown of work and key resource requirements)
- Project Planning (The process of developing an achievable timeline that reflects real resource availability, while factoring in key risk management actions)
- Project Implementation (The process of delivering against the project plan, on-time and on-budget, while tracking the achievement of key benefits)
Learning-by-doing, not death-by-Powerpoint
All of our workshops are highly interactive and experiential. We believe in learning-by-doing, not death-by-Powerpoint. During the workshop you will be taken through the Pico Project Management process step-by-step by one of our expert consultants. After each step you will have the opportunity to apply the learning to case studies as well as your own projects.
Key Topics incude:
- Project Idea Generation
- Project Portfolio Management
- Project Roles
- Project Stage-Gates
- Stakeholder Management
- Writing the Project Charter and targetting realistic Project Benefits
- Developing the breakdown of work and resource needs
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Network Diagram
- Gantt Chart
- Risk Management
- Modifying the Project Plan
- Project Communication
- Getting off to a good start
- Projec execution process
- Project reporting
- Project closeout
- Evaluating delivery of project benefits
|Course Title||Project Management Excellence - Consistently delivering high performance projects|
|Maximum No. of participants||16|
|Pricing||Please contact us for pricing information|
Find out more
Are you keen to customise your project management training according to your specific industry or project management process?
No problem. We can develop training offerings that are unique to your business and process, yet still incorporating the Pico best practice approach to Project Management Excellence. Do please get in touch to discuss how Pico can work with you to develop a project management process and training program that is right for your business.